By our Holy Mother's Grace, Southern India Sahaja Yoga Seminar 2004 was held on the15th & 16th May 2004 at Ragas Dental College & Hospital, 2/102 East Coast Road, Uthandi, Chennai - 600 119. It was an intense workshop to help the Sahaja Yogis to grow vertically.
The programme started with a Havan on the 14th evening at 7.00pm. After the inaugural session from 10.30am to 11.30am on the 15th May the workshop started with Mahamantras and a couple of Bhajans.
Meditation was held based on the following basic principles:
- The state of thoughtless awareness is the beginning of Meditation.
- Thoughtless awareness is attained only through the blessings of Shri Mataji.
- We should be true Sahaja Yogis and earnest seekers.
- We should totally surrender to Shri Mataji at Her Lotus Feet in any of Her forms most appealing to us.
- Then we have to utter the Mantra "Shri Mataji" with a yearning heart for Her Grace and Blessings.
- "Shri Mataji" is the complete Maha Mantra which will clear all our negativities and obstacles, purify us and lead us to higher states of realization of truth.
These principles were explained again and again during meditation. Relevant portions of Shri Mataji's audio tapes were played in between. Bhajans were also sung to enhance the depth of Meditation. From session to session intensity of meditation improved and on the 16th it culminated with the experience of collective opening of Sahasrara and the ecstatic feeling of being one with the Divine Mother.
Shoe beating and foot soaking at the beach nearby in the mornings and evenings helped for clearing the Chakras of all. There was also a variety entertainment programme on the 15th from 7.00pm to 9.30pm mainly consisting of Sahaja Songs and dances based on Sahaja Songs.
There were 488 Yogis participating in this programme. Statewise break up is given below:
A few words about the founder Dr K P Rajan, of the Ragas Dental College & Hospital who voluntarily offered all the facilities of the vast campus to us for conducting this workshop, will be too appropriate here. The founder Dr. B P Rajan was a former Vice Chancellor of Shri Ramachandra Medical college. Currently he is the Special Representative of the Tamil Nadu Govt. in Delhi. He sat with us and went through in detail and offered Accommodation for Guests, Participants and Volunteers; Food Arrangement; Auditorium; Transport Arrangement etc. He also requested us to ask for whatever help required and whatever is asked he would arrange for. But for his cooperation and open heart it would not have been possible to conduct this programme so nicely and effectively.
We thank our beloved Mother for all that She has done for us and humbly surrender ourselves at Her Lotus Feet again and again.
With Lots of Nirmal Love
Tamil Nadu Collective