From: Arneau, on behalf of many Sahaja World Leaders
Dear Sisters and Brothers,
I am compelled to share something directly with all the Sahaja Yogis of the world to defuse rumours or to further hear second hand information that were spread at the Adi Shakti Puja in Cabella regarding Shri Mataji's health, Her care, Her family and the World Council for the Advancement of Sahaja Yoga. Why we need not here question the intentions of those who circulated a petition - most of them believed they acted out of their love for HHSM, - I do question the wisdom of the process and the manner in which they shared their concerns.
There has been much anxiety expressed about the health of our beloved Shri Mataji and some recently started commenting on Her treatment. At the Puja in Cabella last weekend a meeting took place between some of the Sahaja Yoga doctors, who have been involved in caring for Shri Mataji and some of the National leaders who were in Italy. Also present were some of the Italian provincial leaders. Normally doctors are not allowed to discuss details of anyone's condition or treatment. However, they were able to say enough to satisfy the meeting on several points:
- First of all, we understand that She is feeling much better, Her health has been improving and the following is what we can say on the basis of what was reported from sahaj doctors that we have no reasons to doubts given their professional competence and proven record of dedication to HH Shri Mataji.
recent photo from Genova, Italy
- It is true, on various occasions and, for example, in a letter dated 1998 that has been circulated in Cabella, HH Shri Mataji expressed Herself on her health: these statements amounted to Her not being treated without Her knowledge or consent. I, by the way, never saw this letter and I am not aware it was ever submitted to the Council. For many years after this letter She has chosen to take allopathic medicines and now She also chooses to be in the care of Her family as well as the many Sahaj Yogis who attend on Her. All Her treatment is administered to Her with Her knowledge and consent.
- Shri Mataji's care is in the hands of medical experts who are looking after Her very well, to the extent that Her health has been improving in many ways in recent months. The Sahaj Yogi doctors advise the outside experts about the special nature of their patient and also attend to Shri Mataji's needs. Although Shri Mataji's family is kept informed they do not decide what the medical treatment should be. Shri Mataji also receives Sahaj treatments according to Her own directions. The slow and steady improvement of Her health is due to this loving, attentive and competent care. It is not the fruit of the brutal criticism expressed by some people in Cabella.
recent photo from Genova, Italy
- It should perhaps be mentioned that members of Shri Mataji's family do attend to Her with great love and dedication. In the case of Sir CP for example Shri Mataji takes great comfort from his presence at Her side. He is the person that She calls for and he has been going without sleep and neglecting his own health in order to be with Her.
- Shri Mataji has told us many times that She has a human body. We are all deeply distressed that Her health is not as good as it was in previous times and we pray She shall recover. But if Shri Mataji has taken birth in a human body and if that body to fall ill then we have to face this situation in as mature a way as we can.
recent photo from Genova, Italy
- Despite a long travel for Her to attend Shri Adi Shakti Puja, She insisted several time on coming to attend the Puja and on the stage, in front of everyone, She said that She wished to stay for another Bhajan.
- Let us all join to pray for Her long life and good health and put us beyond attitudes of rumours mongering that disgrace us. Gossips are not the way to sahaja knowledge.
- Now I need to turn to a matter of lesser importance but I need to respond to some comments made. As far as the World Council is concerned it has been in existence for less than one year and has met in formal session only once. I assess it may take a couple of years for the Council to reach its cruising speed. The idea that the World Council could have any role in Shri Mataji's medical care is clearly absurd. At the same time the Council is carrying its initial work in the areas of legal, financial and publication affairs and it was its intention to report on this work to you through your national leaders at its second session.
Indeed, as far as communication is concerned, I would like to stress that the WCASY had already planned and initiated a meeting with the national leaders, to take place at Guru Pooja in Cabella, on the 23rd of July. We consider them as key partners of our team. The aim of the meeting being to inform about the outcome of the plenary session and the work of the previous year.
Due to the events which took place in Cabella during the Adi Shakti Pooja, I would like to briefly underline the steps already under way which will be presented at the next plenary session:
We have been working intensively during these last three months,
between the finance, legal committee and the Vice President of the Foundation
to work out the best suitable charter of the "Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi Sahaja
Yoga Foundation". We saw it very important to produce the best legal articles
because we were aware that all the 31 members of the WCASY would engage their
own responsibility in front of the Italian law.
- Agreement on how to work:
We need a light structure and a few rules to regulate our
decision making processes, to facilitate the contacts among us worldwide
between sessions, allow the WCASY members to communicate among them in
a more efficient way, put into a proper frame the width of the responsibilities
of each one of us, create information bridges with national leaders.
A committee within the WCASY is constituted to gather people
from all the continents to coordinate all future actions, which will be
able to finance and sustain our future projects.
A team within the WCASY is supporting many aspects of
communication and publication tools.
In conclusion, we, who were appointed to seat on the Council, ask for your understanding and support. Frankly I must tell you friends on this board have been working hard day and night, often having to neglect other duties and family to serve the sangha. So, in short, it is my deep belief that we all share the same goal to advance sahaja yoga and that none of us should claim the monopoly of caring for and loving our Mother.
June, 23rd 2005
Arneau, Coordinator of the World Council
Message sent of behalf of many Sahaja World Leaders