SAHAJA YOGA TRUST
Shri Mataji's Holy Birthplace: Chhindwara Project
Jai Shri Mataji
As announced earlier, with the Blessings of Our Devine Mother, the holy Birthplace of our Mother at Chhindwara, the Holiest Shrine for all Sahaja Yogis and Yoginis, was acquired by H. H. SHRI MATAJI NIRMALA DEVI SAHAJA YOGA TRUST, India , on 14 th July, 2005 . All legal formalities for the acquisition of the House have been completed. Regular weekly meditation sessions are being held at the Birthplace and a hawan and pujas have also been organized. A steady stream of Sahaja Yogis and Yoginis is already visiting the Birthplace and this is likely to increase in coming months and years. The next phase of the project is now being launched. This consists of four main components:
- Renovation and reinforcement of the existing building structure of the Birthplace with a view to ensuring its perpetuity as a Shrine.
A conservation architect from the Indian National Trust for Culture and Heritage has been commissioned to reinforce and renovate the Birthplace while maintaining the Birthplace in its original façade and form.
- Construction of a Meditation Hall in the courtyard of the SHRINE and some additional structures to manage the flow of visitors, house souvenir stall and necessary facilities;
- Acquisition of a large plot of land (of up to 16, 000 square meters) in close proximity to the Shrine for the construction of an International Ashram; and,
- Design, planning and construction of the International Ashram with residential accommodation and other facilities for visiting sahaja Yogis/Yoginis from all over the world. The Ashram will also include necessary facilities for holding cultural events, organizing national and international seminars and housing a library on spiritual and philosophical texts and multi-media material.
These facilities will be of the highest, internationally comparable quality. The International Ashram will be located in a beautiful natural setting to provide a tranquil and peaceful environment. As approved by H. H. SHRI MATAJI, this Ashram will be named as "H. H. SHRI MATAJI NIRMALA DEVI SAHAJA YOGA WORLD ASHRAM".
A project team headed by Shri Dinesh Rai, Trustee, H. H. Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi Sahaja Yoga Trust, and comprising Sahaja Yogis and Yoginis from India and other countries, is already working under the guidance of Sir C. P. to actualize this project. Some initial work has also been started to carry out essential repairs and maintenance. Architects and structural engineers have been engaged for drawing up comprehensive plans for the restoration and renovation of the Birthplace. Some sites have also been identified for acquiring the requisite land for the proposed International Ashram.
Chindwara House Video, please click here
As we all well understand, this is a historic undertaking. The Birthplace of our Holy Mother is the most exalted and holiest place for all of us. The Birthplace Shrine, when completed, will become the place of supreme pilgrimage for all of us and for the coming generations of Sahaja Yogis and Yoginis. Therefore, it is our bounden and sacred duty and responsibility to develop the Shrine, acquire the land for the International Ashram and ensure its early completion. The work has to be undertaken with all our commitment and love and in accordance with the highest traditions of Sahaja values as taught to us by our Mother, the Guru of Gurus, the Satguru. We must recognize that undertaking and completing this holy project will bring us all even closer together in realizing our Holy Mother's VISION of one global family wedded to universally accepted eternal ethical values in our lives.
On this momentous occasion we appeal to all Sahaja Yogis and Sahaja Yoginis to support this historic project by making financial contributions. We also appeal to all our brothers and sisters to inform us of other contributions they may like to make in kind, skills and in other manner towards the realization of this historic project. All state coordinators are requested to forward this appeal to city centers and encourage the entire collective to contribute suitably for this Divine Cause.
An independent and specifically dedicated bank account has been established in New Delhi for receiving contributions for the Project from Indian Sahaja Yogis and Yoginis and they have been so advised.
Contributions from Sahaja Yogis and Yoginis in all other countries, which will necessarily be in foreign currencies, can be received by the National Trust in India only with the prior approval in each case from the concerned Government of India authorities. In this context, the following procedure is suggested:
- In each country, the National Trust or Committee or Coordinator may open a new Bank Account for the Chhindwara Project;
- Sahaja Yogis and Yoginis may be invited to send their contributions to the national Trust or Committee or Coordinator;
- Each such contribution may be acknowledged and deposited into the aforesaid Bank Account;
- After a suitable period of time, the National Trust or Committee or Coordinator may inform the Executive Secretary of the Indian national Trust of the amount so collected for remittance to India ;
- The Executive Secretary will then obtain the requisite Government of India approval for the proposed remittance and convey the same to the concerned National Trust or Committee or Coordinator; and,
The requisite remittance may thereafter be made to the following Bank Account:
Name of the Bank Account
H.H. Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi Sahaja Yoga Trust - Chhindwara Account
Name of Bank
UTI Bank, Branch - K-12, Green Park Main, New Delhi – 110 016 India
A complete list of all contributors and the amounts contributed by each of them may also be forwarded to the Executive Secretary of the National Trust in India . It is proposed to maintain a permanent record at the Chhindwara Shrine of all contributions received for this Holy Project.
JAI SHRI MATAJI