Dear brothers and sisters,
After a long period of work and preparation, we have just received the official confirmation that the DEVI Foundation has been registered in the Spanish Registry of Foundations. We can now truly say that the DEVI Foundation is a reality.
The DEVI Foundation will allow to enlarge the extension and knowledge of Sahaja Yoga because its aim will be the betterment of the quality of life of the individual, specially of his inner wellbeing. The Foundation will direct its activity towards specific collectives such us:
- Prison population.
- Drug addicts and people with all kinds of addictions (tobacco, alcohol, gambling, etc).
- Associations of sick people.
- The gipsy population.
- Groups of women affected by genre violence and social discrimination.
- Groups of students affected by situations of stress or depression.
- Groups of professionals affected by situations of stress or depression, with special attention to the academic and health collectives.
- Groups of children with various problems, like ADD or hyperactivity.
- Groups of elderly people.
The establishment of the DEVI Foundation has been possible thanks to the generosity of two sahaja yogis from Galicia: Javier and Socorro, who have donated the property of Uma (www.sahajayoga.es/uma) to the Foundation. The photos attached show parts of the property (pay attention to the last one).
Uma is a very well-known place among the Spanish collective as it is where the summer national seminars have been taking place now for several years. Therefore, from now onwards, Uma will be the headquarters of the DEVI Foundation. During the next months the process of presentation and selection of projects for the Foundation will start.
The Spanish collective truly wants to thank Javier and Socorro for their generous attitude during all these years. Now this generosity has reached an even higher level with the donation of this property.
The Spanish Council for the Advancement of Sahaja Yoga