(use keywords for searching e.g. puja dates)
Transportation Requests For Shri Adi Shakti Puja 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
|print this article|
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
With regards to transportation to Cabella for Adi Shakti Puja, we look forward to meeting you and will try our best to give you the best and most flexible service possible! Please read the following guidelines when you have a moment...
Transportation to Cabella operated by yogi drivers with minivans will be available from Milan Malpensa, Milan Linate and Genova airports as well as Arquata Scrivia train station.
Priority is given to bigger groups of yogis arriving on the same flight or at the same time. If you travel alone and arrive at a time when other yogis are not arriving, you may have to wait longer...
We only transport big groups (6 or more people) from Bergamo Airport, and only if minivans are available. If you arrive to Bergamo (Orio al Serio airport, Ryanair lists this as "Milan") you can take public transportation up to Arquata Scrivia and can get a pick-up there.
Only requests sent before Monday June 1st are sure to be confirmed. We may be able to accommodate requests after that if there is still space in the minivans.
If you book your flights after that and don't get a reply to your e-mail, you can try to call the Transportation Team's Italian mobile number: +39-333-826-2202.
We will allocate you a space in a minivan when it's possible and will do our best to get you to Cabella, but can't guarantee that for requests after cut-off time.
Depending on the number of arrivals at any given time, we might recommend bus transport from Malpensa to Linate or vice versa to meet your group.
Arrivals on Thursday from midday to 10pm
Arrivals on Friday from 10am to 10pm
Departures on Monday not earlier than 10am
When booking your flights, ensure that you get an arrival time that is within these working hours, preferably arrivals should be to Linate or Genova on Thursday and Friday between noon and 8pm.
Please do not book flights that leave on Monday in the early morning hours as tired yogis will have to drive you right after the Puja. Departures will be handled mostly by big buses so you may still need to leave considerably earlier than your flight is.
Please, when booking, be considerate towards the yogis who will drive the long and winding roads from Milan to Cabella!
If you book, and can't come, send a cancellation sms or call the Transport Team's Italian number +39-333-826-2202.
Let us know as soon as you know that you are not coming, that your flight is late, or right after you have missed your plane.
Ok, sorry about all the official and serious talk! Now to the nice part... ;)
You have two options this time:
- You can leave your luggage with the yogis who meet you at the airport and take public transportation. We will give printed instructions with schedules how to go by train to Arquata Scrivia where you will be picked up. Your luggage will arrive the same day (usually within 4-6 hours) and you can claim it at the transportation desk next to the hangar. This service costs 5 euro for one person's luggage.
- You can choose to wait at the airport for the next available minibus. This could take from minutes to hours depending on traffic and availability. We will of course try to give as fast and flexible a service as we can, but the arrivals are scattered over a long time and three airports so forgive us if it takes a while. The trip to Cabella by minivan for 1 adult and luggage is 25 euro, 10 euro for children that need their own seat, free for smaller children.
Please send an e-mail to: email@example.com.
We will confirm that we have received the request by e-mail. If you do not receive a confirmation within 24h, please resend the e-mail.
* Your name, country and contact number (mobile including country code)
* Plane arrival and departure times, flight numbers and airport you arrive to (or time you will arrive at Arquata Scrivia train station)
* How many people are arriving on that flight, from what country, names and contact numbers. How many adults, how many children (and ages for children).
* Put as many contact numbers as you know, your own on the top of the list.
* Whether you want transport from the airport to Cabella, Arquata Scrivia to Cabella, or just want to drop off your luggage (and take public transport).
Everyone will need to confirm their departure times on Sunday, preferably before the Puja. Visit the transportation desk in the hangar to find out more. We will also post bus departure times and name lists on the info boards.
In principle you will be met at the airport by yogis. Drivers and welcomers will be wearing badges. If you can't see anyone at the meeting point, please wait patiently and send an sms or call the Transportation Team +39-333-826-2202. In your sms or call, tell us how many yogis are at the meeting point, waiting for transportation to Cabella.
Thank you all for coming and for your cooperation!
We are looking forward to meeting you all!
Shri Adi Shakti Puja Transportation Team
P.S. Great instructions on how to go to Cabella by car or public transportation
MEETING POINTS AT AIRPORTS
Malpensa- High Fly Café, near Arrivals point ‘B’ in terminal 1. If you arrive in terminal 2 there is a free shuttle service to terminal 1 every 15 minutes
Linate - near the bar by the Arrivals
Genova - by the Arrivals
Orio al Serio Area Gruppi/Group Area . When you arrive turn left and keep going until you arrive there. Normally we only pick up big groups (6 or more) at this airport!!!
back to top