Mr James Tomlinson is leaving ISPS Dharamshala, soon; creating a vacancy for the post of Academic Counsellor for the school. During his three years here, he has been part of a management team that has steered the school in a positive direction and the whole Sahaja Community owes them all a debt for the hard work, dedication and professionalism that they have unstintingly given to Shri Mataji’s favourite project.
The post of Academic Counsellor includes incorporating the best international practices in all aspects of Academics and Pastoral Care in the school, both Junior and Senior. This includes:-
- Link between students, staff and parents. The Academic Counsellor oversees communication of the parents with the Teachers, Dorm Staff and Pastoral Care teams, and informs both sides of any concerns.
- Pastoral Care. The Heads of Department of Academics and Dorm Staff report to the Academic Counsellor, who, working closely with the Principal, seeks solutions to any difficulties in the running of the school.
- Academics. The Academic Counsellor assists in the enhancement in the quality of teaching, as well as resolving any academic difficulties that students may be having.
- Staff training. We are constantly striving to update the skills of our teaching staff, and have three weeks pre-term training as well as ongoing seminars during the year, which are organised by the Academic Counsellor. The emphasis is on international educational methods, developing curricula, effective assessment and evaluation as also getting the students more involved in the learning process – and just making it more interesting for them!
- Discipline. The Academic Counsellor is responsible for the discipline of the school, overseeing schedules, activities and rules.
The post requires someone with several years experience of the teaching profession including practical management skills. They will need to be adept at communication and team leading. A good grasp of English is essential, and other languages would be a benefit.
We would normally expect the candidate for a post at this level to commit to three years at the school. Ideally the candidate would be able to start work this summer.
Salary details available on application.
If you feel qualified for this challenging but highly rewarding post:
Please apply with CV to: email@example.com
Woodwork teacher: There is also a vacancy for a woodwork/ craft teacher at ISPS. Must possess skills of toy – making, wood - burning and wood – carving. Shri Mataji has always been keen on the children learning crafts. Please apply as above.